Table of Contents
UPSC IFS Syllabus UPSC Indian Forest Service Examination Exam Pattern
Indian Forest Services Prelims Exam Pattern
- UPSC Forest Services Preliminary Exam is an Objective type exam.
- It consists of Two Papers.
- Each Paper is conducted for 200 Marks.
- The time allotted for each paper is 2 Hours.
- The Question Paper will be available in both English & Hindi.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer.
|Paper-I||General Knowledge||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|2.||Paper-II||General Studies||200 Marks||2 Hours|
UPSC IFS Mains Exam Pattern
- The UPSC IFS Mains Exam will be conducted in Two Parts.
- First part i.e, Part A consists of six papers.
- Among all the Six Papers the first two papers are General English & General knowledge.
- While Remaining Papers are from Optional Subjects. That means you can choose the subject based on your area of interest.
- The all 6 papers consist of conventional Essay Type Questions.
- The UPSC IFS Mains Part B is an Interview. It will be conducted for 300 Marks.
|S.No||Parts||Papers||Subject Name||Max Marks|
|1.||Part A||Paper I||General English||300 Marks|
|2.||Paper II||General Knowledge||300 Marks|
|3.||Paper III||Any 2 Subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects given below. Each subject will have two papers.||200 Marks|
|4.||Paper IV||200 Marks|
|5.||Paper V||200 Marks|
|6.||Paper VI||200 Marks|
|7.||Part B||Interview for Personality Test||300 Marks|
The List of Optional Subjects
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
- Agricultural Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.