Table of Contents
The syllabus for the UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam Syllabus for Paper-I:
IAS Prelims Paper 1 Syllabus contains the following topics:
- Current events of National and International
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change
- General Science
IAS Prelims Syllabus for Paper-II:
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Syllabus Preliminary Exams for Paper-II includes:
- Interpersonal skills including Communication Skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
UPSC IAS Prelims Exam Pattern:
|Paper – I||General Studies – This paper will be counted for qualifying to write the Civil Services Mains exam.||200 Marks||Two Hours|
|Paper- II||Aptitude test – This paper is of qualifying nature, but candidate must score at least 33% marks in this paper. However, marks of this paper are not counted for writing the Mains examination.||200 Marks||Two Hours|
AS Preliminary Syllabus Important Notes:
- Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he/she does not appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination.