Get TOEFL Syllabus from here. Educational Testing Service, US-based non-profit corporation is responsible for organizing TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Around more than 9,000 participating institutes as well as organizations across 130 countries, including Australia, Canada, the U K and the United States conducts this test. Listening, Reading, Speaking & Writing skills are checked by organizing this test. TOEFL Syllabus for all sections like Listening, Reading, Speaking, and Writing is well prescribed here in PDF form.
TOEFL Syllabus for listening:
Candidates have to be alert and active in this part of the exam. We have listed topics in which you need to emphasize while preparing for this section.
- It involves listening to lectures
- Pay attention to classroom discussions & conversations
- Answering questions in classrooms
TOEFL Syllabus for Reading:
The passages in the test can be asked from anywhere. The main motto of organizing this test is to check out reading ability of aspirants.
- It comprise of reading 3 or 4 passages from academic texts, answer questions after that.
- Develop practicing reading passages from books or papers.
TOEFL Syllabus for Speaking:
The main purpose of organizing this test is to check understanding ability of aspirants. Here, you need to explain what you have read.
- In this section, candidates will have to express an opinion on a familiar topic as given.
- Based on the reading and listening tasks, you are required to speak on that topic.
TOEFL Syllabus for Writing:
Aspirants should be well informed in order to crack this section.
- In this section, contenders need to write essay responses based on reading and listening tasks.
- Here, you have to support an opinion in writing.
TOEFL Exam Pattern
TOEFL Paper Pattern :
Reading, Listening, Speaking & Writing are among the sections from which questions are asked. Have a look on table to know about time duration & number of questions asked in paper.
|Section||Time Limit||Distribution of Questions|
|Reading||60–80 minutes||36–56 questions|
|Listening||60–90 minutes||34–51 questions|
|Speaking||20 minutes||6 tasks|
|Writing||50 minutes||2 tasks|
TOEFL Preparation Books:
Refer these books to crack Test of English as a Foreign Language. Through this books, you may prepare for Reading, Listening, Speaking & Writing sections.
- Official TOEFL iBT Tests Volume 1 and Volume 2
- The Official Guide to the TOEFL Test
- Barron’s Essential Words for the TOEFL
- Princeton Review’s Cracking the TOEFL Ibt
- Kaplan’s TOEFL iBT Premier
Test of English as a Foreign Language:
It is a well known English language proficiency test. Candidates who wish to study or work in a foreign country may apply for it. This test is also taken by contenders for entry into universities or organizations in native English speaking countries. Test of English as a Foreign Language is conducted on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 4500 test centres in 165 countries worldwide.
Around 9,000 colleges, agencies and other institutions accept Test of English as a Foreign Language score card. TOEFL IBT (Internet Based Test) and TOEFL PBT (Paper Based Test) are among the two modes for registration. To prepare well for Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing sections, aspirants may refer latest TOEFL Syllabus.