Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu PSC VAO Syllabus TNPSC Village Administrative Officer Exam Pattern
- The TNPSC VAO Exam consists of Objective type Multiple Choice Questions.
- VAO Exam consists of a total of 200 Questions for 300 Marks.
- Total Exam should be completed in 3 Hours Duration.
- Amon 300 Marks candidates should get 90 Marks to be qualified in the VAO Exam.
|S.No||Subject Name||Questions||Marks||Exam Duration||Qualifying Marks|
|1.||General studies||75||300||3 Hours||90|
|2.||Basics of Village Administration||25|
|3.||Aptitude & Mental Ability Test||20|
|4.||General Tamil / General English||80|
Tamil Nadu PSC VAO Exam Syllabus For Aptitude & Mental Ability
- Direction sense test.
- Blood Relations.
- Alphabet test.
- Logical Venn Diagrams.
- Mathematical Operations.
- Sitting Arrangements.
- Inserting Missing Characters.
- Arthematic Reasoning.
- Eligibility Test.
- Number, Ranking and Time Sequence Test.
TNPSC Village Administrative Officer Exam Syllabus for General Studies
- Current Events.
- Political Science-1.
- General Science.
- Indian Polity.
- Indian Economy.
- Aptitude and Mental Ability Test.
- History & Culture of India & Tamil Nadu.
- Indian National Movement.
TNPSC VAO Syllabus for General Tamil / General English
- Degrees pf Comparision.
- Voice (Active & Passive Voice).
- Word Formations (Form a new word by blending the words).
- Sentence Correction.
- Synonyms & Antonyms.
- Question Tags.
- Plural Forms.
- Find the odd words (Verb, Adjective, Noun, Adverb).
- Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix).
- Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Participle, Gerund).
- Find out the Error (Articles, Noun, Prepositions, Verb, Adverb, Adjective).
- Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, Object….).
- Compound words Formation (Eg: Noun+Verb, Gerund+Noun).
- Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentense).
- Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
Tamil Nadu PSC VAO Exam Syllabi for Basics of Village Administration
- The role, functions, duties, and responsibilities of a Village Administrative Officer in Village & Revenue Administration.
- Records of revenue administration that dealt with or handled by the VAO including ‘A’ Register, Patta, Chitta Adangal etc.
- Basic Principles or Information relating to classification of lands.
- Accounts maintained and furnished by the VAO at the end of every FASLI YEAR.
- Basic information on rates of assessment & annual revenue collection.
- Basic information on forms of irrigation of land including those belonging to the Government.
- The Role of VAO during calamities.
- Basic information relating to the assignment of lands/house sites in Villages and Towns.
- Levy of rents (Ground Rent / Quit Rent) etc.
- Grant of lands for cattle/dairy farms.
- Exemption from land revenue.
- The Title of lands (RSO 27) form, renewal, issue & entry of joint names in Patta.
- Unauthorized occupation of Government land basic information about Land Encroachment Act 1905. Memorandum ‘A’, Memorandum ‘B’ etc.
- Rights & obligations of Ryotwari holder.
- Procedure relating to the conduct of inquiries in relation to age, income, marital status, domicile, etc.