SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
On this page, we are providing, complete information of SSC CGL Syllabustier 2 and Exam Pattern. This year, Staff Selection Commission does some changes in SSC CGL tier 2 exam. So, candidates who are searching syllabus for SSC CGL tier 2, here and there can check easily through this page.
Paper I: SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
- Computation Of Whole Numbers, Decimals, Fractions And Relationships Between Numbers, Percentage.
- Ratio & Proportion, Square Roots, Averages, Interest, Profit And Loss, Discount, Partnership Business.
- Mixture And Alligation, Time And Distance, Time & Work, Basic Algebra & Elementary Surds
- Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right 20 Pyramid With Triangular Or Square Base
- Trigonometric Ratio, Degree And Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary Angles
- Heights And Distances, Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Bar Diagram & Pie Chart
- Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder
- Graphs Of Linear Equations, Triangle And Its Various Kinds Of Centres, Congruence And Similarity Of Triangles
- Circle And Its Chords, Tangents, Angles Subtended By Chords Of A Circle, Common Tangents To Two Or More Circles
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus for English Language & Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting mis-spelt words, idioms & phrases, one word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/passive voice of verbs
- Conversion into direct/indirect narration, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze passage & comprehension passage.
Paper III: SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus for Statistics
Paper-III: Statistics is for Junior Statistical Office (JSO), Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation
Collection Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data – Primary and Secondary data, Methods of data collection; Tabulation of data; Graphs and charts; Frequency distributions; Diagrammatic presentation of frequency distributions
Measures of Central Tendency– Common measures of central tendency – mean median and mode; Partition values- quartiles, deciles, percentiles
Measures of Dispersion– Common measures dispersion – range, quartile deviations, mean deviation and standard deviation; Measures of relative dispersion.
SSC CGL Syllabus for Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis – Different types of moments and their relationship; meaning of skewness and kurtosis; different measures of skewness and kurtosis
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus For Correlation and Regression – Scatter diagram; simple correlation coefficient; simple regression lines; Spearman’s rank correlation; Measures of association of attributes; Multiple regression; Multiple and partial correlation (For three variables only).
SSC CGL Syllabus for Probability Theory – Meaning of probability; Different definitions of probability; Conditional Probability; Compound probability; Independent events; Bayes’ theorem.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 3 Syllabus For Random Variable and Probability Distributions – Random variable; Probability functions; Expectation and Variance of a random variable; Higher moments of a random variable; Binomial , Poisson, Normal and Exponential distributions; Joint distribution of two random variable (discrete)
SSC CGL Syllabus for Sampling Theory – Concept of population and sample; Parameter and statistic, Sampling and non-sampling errors; Probability and non-probability sampling techniques(simple random sampling, stratified sampling, multistage sampling, multiphase sampling etc
Syllabus Of SSC CGL Statistical Inference – Point estimation and interval estimation, Properties of a good estimator, Methods of estimation (Moments method, Maximum likelihood method, Least squares method), Testing of hypothesis, Basic concept of testing, Small sample and large sample tests, Tests based on Z, t, Chi-square and F statistic, Confidence intervals.
Analysis of Variance – Analysis of one-way classified data and two-way classified data.
Time Series Analysis – Components of time series, Determinations of trend component by different methods, Measurement of seasonal variation by different methods.
Index Numbers – Meaning of Index Numbers, Problems in the construction of index numbers, Types of index number, Different formulae, Base shifting and splicing of index numbers, Cost of living Index Numbers, Uses of Index Numbers
Syllabus of SSC CGL Tier 2 for General Studies (Finance and Economics)
Paper IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics) for the post of Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer in Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG.
Tier 2 Syllabus Of SSC CGL For Fundamental principles and basic concept of Accounting:
- Financial Accounting: Nature and scope, Limitations of Financial Accounting, Basic concepts and Conventions, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Basic concepts of accounting: Single and double entry, Books of original Entry, Bank Reconciliation, Journal, ledgers, Trial Balance, Rectification of Errors
- Manufacturing, Trading, Profit & loss Appropriation Accounts, Balance Sheet Distinction between Capital and Revenue Expenditure etc.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Syllabus For Economics and Governance:
- Comptroller & Auditor General of India- Constitutional provisions, Role and responsibility, Finance Commission-Role and functions, Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro Economics
- Theory of Demand and Supply, Theory of Production and cost, Forms of Market and price determination in different markets
- Indian Economy, Economic Reforms in India, Money and Banking, Role of Information Technology in Governance
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
|Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 minutes (Total)For VH & Candidates|
|English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
- Visually Handicapped/ Cerebral Palsy candidates will get compensatory time of 40 minutes for completion of the exam.
- There will be Negative Marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Answer Keys will be placed on official website after examination. Any representation regarding answer key received within 7 days of uploading of the answer key will be scrutinized and the decision of the organization in this regard will be final.
- Applicants, who’re going to appear in CGL Exam, they can start their preparation through updated SSC CGL tier 2 syllabuses and exam pattern.