Table of Contents
Title: Detailed Sikkim Judicial Service Examination Syllabus Syllabus
|Name of Organisation||Sikkim High Court|
|Name of Posts||Civil Judge cum Judicial Magistrate|
|Recruitment Details||Sikkim High Court Civil Judge cum Judicial Magistrate|
|Type of Test||Objective Type|
|Test Mode||Online (Computer Based Test – CBT)|
Detailed Sikkim Judicial Service Examination Pattern
The competitive examination shall consist of:-
(i) Written examination
(ii) Viva-voce (Personal interview)
Each paper shall be of three hours duration and shall carry 200 marks each.
Detailed Sikkim Judicial Service Examination Syllabus
Paper-I: Procedural Law, Local Laws
Code of Civil Procedure, Code of Criminal Procedure, Indian Evidence Act and Limitation Act.
(A) Property Laws.
(1) Notice dated 2nd January 1897 relating to transfer of land by Bhutias and Lepchas.
(2) Revenue Order No. 1 dated 17th May, 1917
(a) Notice No. 660/G dated 21st May, 1931
(b) Notice No. 669/G dated 21st May 1931
(3) Sikkim Darbar Gazette Vol. XVIII No. 11 dated 21st April, 1969 Right of a woman to purchase or sell land after her marriage vis-à- vis Revenue Order No. 1 of 1917.
(4) O. O. No. 105/L.R. dated 25th February, 1961.
(B) Registration Laws.
(1) Notification No. 385/G dated 11th April, 1928 (Regarding Registration of Documents)
(2) Notification No. 2947/G dated 22nd November, 1946 (Regarding Registration of Documents)
(3) Sikkim State Rules Registration of Documents 1930.
(C) House Rent & Eviction Laws.
(1) Notification No. 6326-600/H&W-B dated 14.04.1949 Regulation of Letting and Sub-letting of Premises etc. (Health & Works Deptt.).
(2) Gangtok Rent Control & Eviction Act 1 of 1956 dated 31st May, 1956.
(3) The Sikkim Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorized Occupants and Rent Recovery) Act, 1980.
(D) Land Laws.
(1) The Sikkim Cultivators Protection Act, 1985.
(2) The Sikkim Land (Requisition & Acquisition) Act, 1977 (1 of 1978).
(3) Notification No. 1209/L&F dated 25th May, 1950 (Regarding formulation of Substantive Law for Land in Sikkim).
(4) The Sikkim Regulation of Transfer of Land Act, 2005.
(E) Court Fee & Stamp Laws.
(1) Sikkim Court Fees & stamp on Documents Rules dated 30.03.1928 (Amended schedule).
(2) Sikkim Court Fees (Exemption and Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1983.
(F) Adoption Laws.
(1) Notification No. 2341-4/G dated 17th June, 1930 (Regarding Adoption of Heir).
(G) Civil Courts Act.
(1) Sikkim Civil Courts Act, 1978.
(H) Municipal Laws.
(1) Sikkim Shops and Commercial Establishment Act, 1983.
(2) Sikkim Allotment of House Sites and Construction of Buildings (Regulation and Control) Act, 1985.
(I) Interpretation and General Clauses Act.
(1) Sikkim Interpretation and General Clauses Act, 1978.
(J) Other Local Laws
(1) The Sikkim Anti Drugs Act, 2006.
(2) The Sikkim State Legislator’s Appointment to Different Authorities Act, 2006.
(3) The Sikkim State Public Services Act, 2006.
(K) Notification on Issuance of Certificate of Identification.
(1) Notification No. 66/Home/95 dated 2nd November, 1995.
(L) Rural Indebtedness Act.
(1) Sikkim Rural Indebtedness Act, 1966 dated 23.9.1966, Notification No. 845/II dated 20.08.1968 issued under the Sikkim Rural Indebtedness Act, 1966.
(M) Language Test.
Nepali or any Languages of the State.
Paper-II: Substantive Law
Hindu Law, Indian Contract Act, Sale of Goods Act, Partnership Act, Specific Relief Act, General Clauses Act, Transfer of Property Act, Indian Penal Code and Constitutional Law of India.
Note: Each paper shall be of three hours duration and shall carry 200 marks each.
Viva Voce (Personal interview)
It will carry 100 marks. No candidates appearing for the Sikkim Superior Judicial Service Examination shall be qualified to appear for viva-voce unless a candidate secure minimum 40% marks in aggregate and each paper respectively.
Selection of candidates shall be made on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained in the written examination & viva-voce.
We have provided the Sikkim Judicial Service Examination Exam Syllabus in the form of pdf. Also, we have mentioned the direct link to download the Sikkim Judicial Service Examination Pdf by using the below link at free of cost.
Watch out for the latest updates that we share regularly on MySarkariNaukri. All the best for your exam..!
Participate in discussions to clear your doubts and learn more:
[su_button style=”soft” target=_blank url=”https://www.mysarkarinaukri.com/discuss/” background=”#ef322d” size=”5″ icon=”icon: comments-o”]Go to Discussion Forum[/su_button]
- Sikkim Judicial Service Examination Previous year papers
- Sikkim Judicial Service Examination Admit Card
- Sikkim Judicial Service Examination Results
- Sikkim Judicial Service Examination Forms