Table of Contents
Title: Detailed Rajasthan Judicial Service Examination Syllabus
|Name of Organisation||Rajasthan High Court|
|Name of Posts||Civil Judge|
|Recruitment Details||Rajasthan High Court Civil Judge|
|Type of Test||Objective Type|
|Test Mode||Online (Computer Based Test – CBT)|
Detailed Rajasthan Judicial Service Examination Exam Pattern
(1) The competitive examination for the recruitment to the post of Civil Judge shall be conducted in two stages i.e. Preliminary Examination and Main Examination. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidate who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining final merit.
(2) The number of candidate to be admitted to the Main Examination will be fifteen times the total number of vacancies (category-wise) but in the said range all those candidates who secure the same percentage of marks on the last cut-off will be admitted to the Main Examination.
Note : To qualify for Main Written Examination, the candidates of SC/ST category shall have to secure minimum 40% marks and candidates of all other categories shall have to secure 45% minimum marks in the Preliminary Examination.
(3) The number of candidates to be admitted to the interview shall be, as far as practicable, three times the total number of vacancies category-wise :
Provided that to qualify for interview, a candidate shall have to secure a minimum of 35% marks in each of the law papers and 40% marks in aggregate in the Main Examination;
Provided further that a candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe category, shall be deemed to be eligible for Interview, if he has obtained minimum of 30% marks in each of the law papers and 35% marks in the aggregate in the Main Examination.
(4) It shall be compulsory to appear, in each and every paper of written test, as also before the Interview Board for viva voce. A candidate, who has failed to appear in any of the written paper or before the board for viva-voce shall not be recommended for appointment.
(5) The examination scheme for recruitment to the cadre of Civil Judge shall consist of
i. Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
ii. Written Main Examination (Subjective Type)
iii. Interview (Viva-voce)
Preliminary Examination:- The Preliminary Examination shall be an objective type examination in which 70% weightage will be given to the subjects prescribed in syllabus for Law Paper-1 and Law Paper-11, and 30% weightage shall be given to test proficiency in Hindi and English language. The maximum marks for Preliminary Examination shall be 100 in which number of questions to be asked shall also be 100. However, there shall be no negative marking for wrong answers in Preliminary Examination. The duration of Preliminary Examination shall be of 2 hours. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination shall not be counted towards the final selection.
Detailed Rajasthan Judicial Service Examination Syllabus
Syllabus for Preliminary Examination :
1. Law : Same as prescribed for Law Paper I & II for Main Examination.
2. Hindi Proficiency : (Refer to the official notification for details)
3. English Proficiency :
ii. Articles and Determiners
iii. Phrasal Verbs and Idioms
iv. Active & Passive Voice
v. Co-ordination &, Subordination
vi. Direct and Indirect Speech
vii. Modals expressing various concepts – (Obligation, Request, Permission. Prohibition. Intention. Condition, Probability, Possibility, Purpose. Reason. Companions, Contrast)
viii. Antonyms and Synonyms.
Written Main Examination:
The Main Examination shall consist of following subjects:
1. Law Paper-1 100 marks 3 Hours
2. Law Paper-2 100 marks 3 Hours
Paper-1 Hindi Essay 50 marks 2 Hours
Paper-11 English Essay 50 marks 2 Hours
4. Interview – 35 marks
Syllabus for Main Examination
Law Paper (I)
The Arbitration and Conciliation Act. 1996.
Code of Civil Procedure, 1908,
The Constitution of India,
The Indian Evidence Act. 1872.
Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act. 1956.
Hindu Marriage Act. 1955,
Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act, 1956,
Hindu Succession Act. 1956,
Indian Partnership Act. 1932,
Indian Contract Act, 1872,
Indian Easements Act. 1882,
The Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987,
The Limitation Act, 1963,
The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (Chapter X, XI & XII and The Second Schedule),
Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (Chapter 11. III. IV. VI. IX. XII and XIII).
The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005,
The Registration Act. 1908.
The Sale of Goods Act. 1930,
The Specific Relief Act. 1963,
The Transfer of Property Act, 1882,
Interpretation of Statues,
Law of Torts,
Rajasthan Relief of Agricultural Indebtedness Act, 1957,
The Rajasthan Court Pees & Suits Valuation Act. 1961,
The Rajasthan Land Revenue Act, 1956.
The Rajasthan Municipalities Act. 2009 (Chapter I, IV. VII, X, XL XII and XIII),
The Rajasthan Panchayati Raj Act, 1994,
The Rajasthan Rent Control Act, 2001,
The Rajasthan Stamp Act, 1998,
The Rajasthan Tenancy Act, 1955,
General Rules (Civil), 1986 and Judgment Writing.
Paper is designed to test the practical knowledge of the candidates in civil taw and procedure e.g. drafting, pleadings, framing issues and writing out judgments etc. in civil cases.
Law Paper (II)
The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973.
The Electricity Act. 2003 (Chapter XIV).
The Indian Evidence Act, 1872,
The Indian Penal Code. 1860,
The Information Technology Act. 2000.
The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act. 2000.
The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985,
The Negotiable Instrument Act. 1881 (Chapter X V11),
The Probation of Offenders Act, 1958,
The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012,
Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act. 2005,
The Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act. 1989,
General Rules (Criminal), 1980 and Judgment Writing.
Paper is designed to test the practical knowledge of the candidates in criminal law and procedure e.g. framing charges and writing out the judgments etc. in criminal cases.
Language Paper – 1 Hindi Essay – Essay writing in Hindi language.
Language Paper – 2 English Essay – Essay writing in English language.
In interviewing a candidate, the suitability for employment to the service shall be tested with reference to his record at the School. College and University, and his character, personality, address and physique. The questions, which may be put to him, may be of a general nature and will not necessarily be academic or legal.
The candidate will also be put questions to test his general knowledge including knowledge of current affairs and present-day problems. Marks shall also be awarded for the candidate’s proficiency in the Rajasthani dialects and his knowledge of social customs of Rajasthan. The marks so awarded shall be added to the marks obtained in the written test by each candidate.
We have provided the Rajasthan Judicial Service Examination Exam Syllabus in the form of pdf. Also, we have mentioned the direct link to download the Rajasthan Judicial Service Examination Pdf by using the below link at free of cost.
Watch out for the latest updates that we share regularly on MySarkariNaukri. All the best for your exam..!
Participate in discussions to clear your doubts and learn more:
[su_button style=”soft” target=_blank url=”https://www.mysarkarinaukri.com/discuss/” background=”#ef322d” size=”5″ icon=”icon: comments-o”]Go to Discussion Forum[/su_button]
- Rajasthan Judicial Service Examination Previous year papers
- Rajasthan Judicial Service Examination Admit Card
- Rajasthan Judicial Service Examination Results
- Rajasthan Judicial Service Examination Forms