Check & Download New Railway Group D Syllabus and CBT Exam Pattern form this page. RRB Group D Syllabus will give you a brief idea on how to start your exam preparations. Applicants can prioritize the important topics and strategist a plan accordingly.
Railway Group D Syllabus
Railway Group D Exam Pattern for CBT:
The CBT will be the first stage of selection that will be based on the following pattern:
- There is negative marking for each incorrect answer.
- 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for wrong answer.
- The Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices.
|Sections||No. of Qs|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||30|
|General Awareness & Current Affairs||20|
Railway Group D Exam Syllabus :
Arithmetic Ability / Mathematics:
Topics covered in Group D Railway Exam Syllabus are as follows:
- Number System
- LCM, HCF
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Profit and Loss
- Age Calculations
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Elementary Statistics
- Square Root
- Pipes & Cistern
- Calendar & Clock., etc
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
Topics covered in Railway Group D Exam Syllabus are as follows:
- Image Based and based on members of a group
- Alphabetic Series, Number Series
- Mixed Series, General Knowledge Series.
- Decoding and Coding
- Coding letter of a word, Operation based on place value
- Coding by analogy.
- Coding and decoding by letter shifting
- Coding and decoding in fictitious language
- Seating Arrangement
- Route & network based problems.
- General blood relation problems, Family tree problems
- Coded blood relation problems.
- Unjumble words), Matrix, Word formation
- Logical Venn Diagram, Venn diagram problem, Syllogism.
- Matrix & diagram related problems.
- Mirror Image, Hidden Image, Completion of Incomplete Pattern,
- Cubes and Dice (Construction of Boxes, Problems on Dice)
- Paper Folding and Cutting, Missing Term, Counting Figures.
- Assertion and Reason, Course of Action
- Statements and Arguments
- General knowledge-based, Image Based
- Number based, Letter based, Letter and number based, Meaning based,
General Awareness & Current Affairs:
Topics covered in Syllabus of Group D Railway are as follows:
- National Affairs, People in News
- Places in News, Defense news
- Days and Events, Government Policies and Schemes
- Business and Economy, Books and Authors
- National Park & Centuries
- Wildlife Centuries etc coming under Indian Geography
- Indian Freedom Struggle, Ancient History
- Medieval History, Post-Independence
- Constitution of India
- Government Portfolios etc.
- Indian Economy, Economic Organizations
- World Economy, Business, Economic Theory.
- Books and Authors, Committees and Recommendation
- Sports, Environment, Banking Awareness, Science & Technology
- Art and Culture, Awards and Honors, Places in News
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Environment