Table of Contents
Title: Detailed MPSC Forest Services Main Examination Syllabus
|Name of Organisation||Maharashtra Public Service Commission|
|Name of Posts||Forest Services Main Examination|
|Recruitment Details||Maharashtra Public Service Commission Forest Services Main Examination|
|Type of Test||Objective Type|
|Test Mode||Online (Computer Based Test – CBT)|
Detailed MPSC Forest Services Main Examination Exam Pattern
|Paper No. & Code||Marks||No. Of Questions||Medium||Stundard||Duration||Nature of Question Paper|
|General Studies 1 (037)||200||100|| Mararthi &
|Graduations||1hr||MCQ(Multiple Choices Questions)|
| General Science &
|300||100||English||Graduations||1hr||MCQ(Multiple Choices Questions)|
Interview : 50 Marks
Detailed MPSC Forest Services Main Examination Syllabus
Paper I : General Studies
- History of India with emphasis on that of Maharashtra
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and the World. Emphasis on that of Maharashtra
- Indian polity and Governance. Constitution and Political System, Rural and Urban local self Government
- Economic and Social Development
Paper – II : General Science & Nature Conservation
1) General Science (Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology)
2) Nature Conservation
- Soils: – Physical, chemical and biological properties. Processes and factors of soil formation. Mineral and organic constituents of soil and their role in maintaining soil productivity. Soil profile. Problem soils and their reclamation.
- Soil and moisture conservation:- Causes of soil erosion, method of control, role of forest, characteristics of and steps in Watershed Management.
- Eco Systems: – Types, food chain, food web, ecological pyramids, energy flow, biogeochemical cycle of carbon and nitrogen.
- Manures and Fertilizers:- Types, organic – inorganic.
- Diseases and pests of plants and animals.
- Pesticides and insecticides.
- Injurious plants and weeds.
- Environmental Pollution:- Types, control, bio-indicators, endangered species,.
- Environmental problems related to quarrying and mining.
- Greenhouse effect, Carbon trading, Climate Change.
- Important wild animals of India.
- Breeds of cattle, Economics of fodder and pasture of grassland management.
- Important indigenous trees species of India, exotic plants, plants as a source of forest products such as food, fibre, fuel wood, timber, non-timber, forest produce/minor forest produce. Medicinal plants, Energy plantations, Mangroves, Forest based industries.
- Factors effecting growth and distribution of plants. Forest types of India.
- National parks and Sanctuaries, World heritage sites.
- Social forestry, Joint Forest Management, Agro forestry.
- Indian forest policy, Indian Forest Act, Wild Life Protection Act, Forest Conservation Act, 1980.
- National and International Organization working for nature conservation.
- Use of aerial photographs, thematic maps. Satellite imageries, Principle and application of GIS.
- Biodiversity, causes of loss of biodiversity, importance of biodiversity
- Plants breeding, tissue culture. Tribal’s and forests. Important tribes of India.
We have provided the MPSC Forest Services Main Examination Exam Syllabus in the form of pdf. Also, we have mentioned the direct link to download the MPSC Forest Services Main Examination Pdf by using the below link at free of cost.
Watch out for the latest updates that we share regularly on MySarkariNaukri. All the best for your exam..!
Participate in discussions to clear your doubts and learn more:
[su_button style=”soft” target=_blank url=”https://www.mysarkarinaukri.com/discuss/” background=”#ef322d” size=”5″ icon=”icon: comments-o”]Go to Discussion Forum[/su_button]
- MPSC Forest Services Main Examination Previous year papers
- MPSC Forest Services Main Examination Admit Card
- MPSC Forest Services Main Examination Results
- MPSC Forest Services Main Examination Forms