Table of Contents
MPPSC State Service Preliminary Exam Syllabus
MPPSC State Service General Studies Syllabus :
General Science and Environment:
Questions on general science and Environment (Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity & Climate Change) will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of every day observation and experience.
History of India and Independent India:
- Social, economic and political aspects.
- Indian National Movement and Development of Independent India
Geography of India:
- Physical, social and economic
- Indian Agriculture and Natural resources.
- Demography and census of India added in MPPSC State Service Exam Syllabus
- General Geographical awareness of world.
Indian Polity and Economy:
- Political System And Constitution Of The Country, Panchayati Raj, Social System, Sustainable Economic Development
- Elections, Political Parties, Plans,
- Industrial Development
- Foreign Trade added in MPPSC State Service Exam 2018 Syllabus
- Economic And Financial institutions
- Important games and sports tournaments
- Renowned Sports Institutions of MP, India, Asia and World.
Geography, History and Culture of M.P:
- Development of Mountains, rivers
- climate, Flora and Fauna
- Minerals transportation in the Geography of Madhya Pradesh
- important dynasties of M.P.,
- Contribution of important dynasties in the Histroy & Culture of Madhya Pradesh
- Tribals, Arts, Architecture,
- Fine Arts and Historical personalities of M.P.
Polity and Economy of M.P:
- Political System,
- Political Parties And Elections
- Panchyati Raj
- Social System added in MPPSC State Service Exam Syllabus 2018
- Sustainable Economic Development Of MP.
- Industry, Plans
- Economic programmes
- Business, demography and census of M.P.
Information and Communication Technology:
- Characteristics, uses, and terminologies such as website
- Online, search Engine, e-mail, video mail, chatting, video conferencing, hacking, cracking, virus and cyber crime.
- Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) 1989 (No.33 of 1989) and the Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1955 (No. 22 of 1955)
- The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993
MPPSC State Service General Aptitude Test Syllabus :
- Interpersonal skill including communication skill
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude etc-Class X level) Data
- interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.-Class X level)
- Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (Class X level)
MPPSC State Service Main Exam Syllabus
MPPSC State Service Mains Syllabus :
General Studies (Paper I):
- History of Modern India and Indian culture
- Geography of India
- Indian Polity
- Current National issues
- International Affairs & Institutions
- Indian Economy added in MPPSC State Service Exam Syllabus
- Developments in the field of Science & T Technology, Communication and Space
- India and the World
- Games & Sports
- Indian Agriculture
General Studies (Paper II) Part I Syllabus:
- Natural Resources of Madhya Pradesh
- Human Resources
- Energy Resources
- Planning and Evaluation added in MPPSC State Service Exam Syllabus
- Administrative Structure of Madhya Pradesh
- Rural and Urban Administrative Structure
- Games and Sports
General Studies (Paper II) Part II:
- Music & Dance Tradition
- Major Scheduled Tribes
- Programmes of State Government in the field of Culture
- Archaeological Heritage
- Historical perspective of Madhya Pradesh
General Hindi Syllabus:
- Unseen Passage
- Essay Writing added in MPPSC State Service Exam Syllabus
- Writing Format
- Translation of Sentences
MPPSC State Service Exam Pattern
MPPSC State Service Preliminary Paper Pattern :
Candidates have to score minimum 40% marks in prelims exam to undergo Main Exam. For SC/ST/OBC/PwD category, minimum qualifying marks is 30%.
- Each question paper will be in Hindi and English.
- In MPPSC State Service Preliminary Exam, Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions are asked.
- There will be two question papers in MPPSC State Service Prelims exam of 200 marks each.
- Each paper carries 100 questions of 02 marks each.
- Time duration for each paper is 02:00 hours (120 minutes).
- Score of Paper II will not be counted in preparing the merit of Preliminary examination.
|Paper||Subject||Time duration||Number of questions||Distribution of marks|
|Paper I||General Studies||2 Hours||100 Questions||200 Marks|
|Paper II||General Aptitude test||2 Hours||100 Questions||200 Marks|
MPPSC State Service Mains Exam Pattern:
Written examination will consist of seven papers of conventional essay type questions as given below:
|Subjects||Division of marks||Time duration|
|General Studies-1||300 Marks||3 hrs|
|General Studies-2||300 Marks||3 hrs|
|General Studies-3||300 Marks||3 hrs|
|General Studies-4||200 Marks||3 hrs|
|General Hindi||200 Marks||3 hrs|
|Essay writing||100 marks||2 hours|