Table of Contents
JKPSC VAS Syllabus Subject Wise Topics
- Genetics: Elements of genetics and breeding as applied to the improvement of animals. Breeds of indigenous and exotic cattle, buffaloes, goats, sheep, pigs and poultry and their potential for milk, eggs, meat, and wool
- General: Importance of livestock in Agriculture, Relationship between plant and Animal Husbandry, Mixed farming livestock and milk production
- Management: Management of livestock (Pregnant and milking cows, young stock), livestock records, principles of clean milk production, economies of livestock farming Livestock
- Nutrition: Classification of feeds, feeding standards, computation of ration and mixing of rations, conservation of feeds and
- Drugs used to tranquilize wild animals as well as animals in
- Drugs used for doping of racehorses and the techniques of
- Principles of immunization and
- Artificial insemination, fertility and
- Description, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of the following diseases of:
- Cattle: Anthrax, Foot and mouth disease, Hemorrhagic, Septicaemia Rinderpest, Black quarter, Tympanitis, Diarrhoea, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, Johne’s disease and diseases of newborn
- Poultry: Coccidiosis, Ranikhet, Fowl Pox, Avian leucosis, marks
- Swine: Swine
- Major contagious diseases affecting cattle and drought animals, poultry and pigs.
- Veterinary hygiene with reference to water, air and
- Poisons used for killing
- Economic Scene.
- Everyday Science.
- Sports and Games.
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries.
- Important Days.
- General Knowledge of Karnataka.
- Important Financial & Economic News.
- Current Affairs – National & International.
- Indian Constitution.
- General Politics.
- Awards and Honors.
- About India.
- History – India & World.
- Cultural Heritage.
- General Science.
- Space & IT.
- Indian Constitution.
- National news (current).
- Indian Culture.
- Political Science.
- Indian National Movement.
- Indian Polity & Governance.
- Science & Technology.
- Scientific observations.
- International issues.
Jammu & Kashmir Veterinary Asst Surgeon Exam Pattern
|TYPE OF THE EXAMINATION||NAME OF THE SUBJECTS||TOTAL NUMBER OF QUESTIONS|
|Objective Type Of Examination||Animal Husbandry||100 Questions|
|General Knowledge||20 Questions|