Table of Contents
Jammu Kashmir Service Selection Board Statistical Assistant Examination syllabus
Exam Pattern : The examination for Statistical Assistant in Jammu Kashmir Service Selection Board. Examination Comprises One Written Test from different subjects which discussed below :
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs
- General Knowledge With Special Reference To J & K
- Statistical Methods
- Applied Statistics
- General Economics
- Computer Application
- Principles Of Business Management
Marks : 150
Duration : 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Syllabus For the written test for Statistical Assistant Examination :
General Knowledge & Current Affairs :
- Important dates in Indian History / Freedom struggle, different dates and events.
- First in world (Adventure, Sports, Discoveries).
- First in India (Adventure, Sports, Discoveries).
- Popular names of Personalities (Religion, Politics, Scientific discoveries,
- Geographical, Sports, History)
- The Newspaper world – (Current Dailies & Weeklies of India).
- Books & Authors – General
- Capitals & Currencies.
- United Nations Organisations – Veto Powers
- No. of Countries as its Members.
- Principal organs and their functions.
- SAARC, ASEAN.
- Everyday Science
- The world of Sports
- Climate & Crops in India.
- Democratic institutions
- Forms of Government
- Political & Physical divisiions of world & India
- Important rivers & Lakes in India.
- Current Events of Natioal and International Level.
- Role of Mathematics in Economics
- Indian Foreign Trade
- New economic reforms and growth of foreign trade.
- Inflation – Concept and types; Causes and consequences
General Knowledge With Special Reference To Jammu & Kashmir :
- Abbrevations, Important dates, popular names of personalities and their achievements/Contribution (National and International).
- Constitution of J&K – Formation, Fundamental rights, Directive Principles.
- Weather, Climate, Crops, Means of Transport.
- Important power projects and their impact on State Economy.
- Rivers and Lakes.
- Important Tourist Destinations.
- History of J&K State.
- Historical places of the State and their importance.
- RTI Act.
- Indus Water Treaty and its impact on State economy.
Statistical Methods :
- Classification and Tabulation of Data
- Measures of central Tendency and Dispersion their relative merits and demerits. Theory of Probability
- Elementary Knowledge of Theoretical Distributions (Binomial, Poisson and
- Correlation and regression- Concept and definition and simple applications.
- Theory of Attributes- Basic concepts and their applications,
- Co-efficient and Association and Coefficient of Contingency.
- Hypothesis Testing- Chi Square Test & T-Test.
Applied Statistics :
- Sampling Techniques- Simple Radom Sampling with and without replacement,
- Stratified Sampling,
- Ratio and Regression estimates,
- Cluster Sampling and Systematic Sampling,
- Sampling and Non- Sampling errors
- Analysis of Time Series components,
- Measurement of Trend and Seasonal variation.
- Theory of Index Numbers: Tests of Index numbers- Wholesale and consumer
- price Index numbers.
- Interpolation and Extrapolation.
- Demography-Census, its features and functions.
- Methods of Census taking.
- Vital Statistics- Measures of fertility ,Crude fertility rates, specific fertility rates, gross and net reproduction rates., Measures of Mortality
General Economics :
- Meaning, Scope and Methodology,
- Theory of consumers demand using indifference curve technique.
- Consumer Surplus-Basic concept & measurement.
- Theory of distribution:- Marginal productivity Theory, Ricardian Theory of Rent,
- Kenysian Theory of Interest.
- Pricing under various forms of Market.
- Theory of production:- Returns to Scale & Returns to Factor
- Factors of production& Production functions.
- Concept of Economic Growth and its measurement
- Characteristics and problems of developing economy- Demography and
- economic development.
- Rationale of Planning in Developing Countries.
- Poverty Concepts & Measurement.
- Unemployment- Concept & Measurement.
- Objectives & Strategies of Indian Planning.
- Problems of resource mobilization- Successes & Failures.
- Decentralization & Role of PRIs.
- Planning for Inclusive Growth & Development Schemes.
- Fiscal and Monetary Policy.
- Inflation & Deflation.
- Concepts of National Income.
- RBI and Developmental Banks.
- SEBI, Foreign Trade, Balance of Payments
- Deficit Financing.
Computer Application :
- Fundamentals of computer sciences,
- Hardware & Software, Concept of Open Source Technologies
- Input & Output Devices,
- Flow Charts and Algorithms
- Operating System:- MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power-Pont ,PDF
- Internet &E-mail
- Concept of Computer Virus & latest Anti-Virus.
- Terms and Abbreviations used in IT
Principles Of Business Management :
- Nature Scope and Significance of Management and Administration.
- The modern concept of Management.
- The process of Management
- Process of Control: Production Planning & Control, Quality Control, Inventory
- Control, Budgetary Control and Cost Control. PERT, CPM and GNATT Charts.
- Personnel Management : Definition, meaning and Scope, Performance appraisal,
- Evaluation and Monitoring, Human Resource Planning.
- Marketing Management : Definition, Meaning and Scope, Marketing Environment
- in India, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Strategies, Challenges of Marketing In
- India, Social Responsibilities & Marketing Ethics.
- Financial Management : Definition, meaning and Scope, , Financial Statement
- Analysis:, Income & Expenditure Statement, Profit & Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Ratio Analysis, Working Capital Analysis, Fund Flow Statement.
- Income Tax : Calculation of Income Tax-Salary
- Public Finance: Nature Scope and Importance of Public Finance.
- Registration of Companies- Memorandum of Associations, Articles of
- Associations, Mergers, Acquisition, Diversification, Expansion.
- Zero Based Budgeting & Performance Budgeting.
- Indian Financial System.
- Set Theory – Basic Concepts & Applications.
- Matrices & Determinants, Simultaneous Linear Equations- Cramer’s Rule.
- Analytical Geometry.
- Differentiation- Basic Concepts (Addition, Product & Chain rule)
- Optimization using Differential techniques.
- Integration-Reduction & Substitution Method.
- Linear Differential Equations.
- Differential Equations Existence theorem for the solution of dy/dx = f(x,y).
- Interpolation, Extrapolation & Inverse interpolation.