Table of Contents
Paper 1: UPSC CDS Exam Syllabus for English
Topics covered in UPSC CDS Syllabus are as follows:
- Para Jumbles
- Reading Comprehension covered in CDS Exam Syllabus
- Jumbled Sentence
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence Correction
- Finding errors and omittions etc covered in CDS Exam Syllabus
Paper 2: CDS Exam Syllabus PDF of General Knowledge
Topics covered in Syllabus for CDS are as follows:
- Knowledge of current topics
- knowledge of History of India and Geographical issues
- Indian Economy covered in CDS Syllabus
- Current happening in the field of business, politics, sports, entertainment etc.
- Monuments of India
- Books and Authors name
- Indian Navy & Military
- Banking Sector
- Universities covered in CDS Syllabus
- Books & Authors covered in CDS Exam Syllabus
- Sports – Awards etc.
Paper 3: Combined Defence service exam Syllabus for Elementary Mathematics:
CDS Syllabus of Paper 3 consist Six topics as given below: Check Syllabus for CDS Exam here.
|CDS Syllabus for Arithmetic||Number System: Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions|
Unitary method: time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
Elementary Number Theory: Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm, Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
|Algebra|| CDS AFA Syllabus: Basic Operations|
Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M
Theory of polynomials
solutions of quadratic equations
relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered)
Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions
|CDS Syllabus for Trigonometry||CDS OTA Syllabus: Sine x, cosine x, Tangent x when 0 < x < 90 degrees, Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x = 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90 degrees, Simple trigonometric identities, Use of trigonometric tables, simple cases of heights and distances.|
|CDS Syllabus for Geometry||CDS 2019 Syllabus: Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.|
|Mensuration:||Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle.|
Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book).
Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones.
Cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
|CDS Syllabus for Statistics||CDS IMA Syllabus: Collection and tabulation of statistical data|
Graphical representation frequency polygons
Histograms, bar charts, pie charts, etc.
Measures of central tendency
CDS Paper Pattern
The CDS examination will be conducted in two phases:
- Written examination
- Interview/ Personality Test
A). For admission in Indian Military Academy, Indian Navy Academy and Air Force Academy:
|Paper||Name of Subject||Duration of Exam||Total Marks|
|Paper I||English||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100|
|Paper II||General Knowledge||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100|
|Paper III||Elementary Mathematics||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100|
B). For Admission in Officers Training Academy:
|Paper||Name of subject||Duration of exam||Total Marks|
|Paper 1||General Knowledge||120 minutes (2 hours)||100|
|Paper 2||English||120 minutes (2 hours)||100|
Combined Defence service Exam Pattern
- Applicants have to bear the penalty if he will give wrong… for each wrong answer 0.33 marks will be deducted.
- Candidates who have marked more than one answer for each question than same penalty will be applied.
- If the question will left blanked then no extra marks will be deducted. Check CDS Syllabus from here.
CDS Intelligence And Personality Test:
The SSB Process consists of two stage Selection process which is provided below: Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. The details are:
- Stage I
- Stage II.
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception* Description Test (PP&DT).
- The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT
Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The details of these tests are given on official website.
- The personality of a candidate is assessed by three different assessors viz. The Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist
- There are no separate weightage for each test.
- The marks are allotted by assessors only after taking into consideration the performance of the candidate holistically in all tests.