UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern :
- CAPF Exam Pattern includes two written examination.
- As per the CAPF Syllabus there will be two papers i.e. Paper I and Paper II.
- Part I includes questions from General Ability and Intelligence.
- Part II covers questions from General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension.
|Paper I||General Ability and Intelligence||250|
|Paper II||General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||200|
UPSC CAPF Syllabus
Paper -1: General Ability and Intelligence
Paper -1 will be in the form of Multiple Choice Type Question (MCQ). These questions will be based on:
General Mental Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Verbal Reasoning
- Numerical Ability
- Data Interpretation
CAPF Syllabus General Science
- General awareness,
- Scientific Temper,
- Comprehension & appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation like Information Technology,
- Environmental Science
Indian Politics and Governance
Knowledge of the Country’s political system & the Constitution of India, social systems & public administration, economic development in India, Regional & International security issues & human rights including its indicators.
- Social Aspects
- Political Aspects
- Economic Aspects
- Freedom Movement
- Growth of Nationalism
Paper-2: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
|This section contains the Essay Type Questions which are to be answered in long description form either In Hindi or English. Some topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity, and economy, Knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.|
|This section consists of Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only. Some of the topics are Comprehension Passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar, and other aspects of language testing as per CAPF Syllabus .|
Physical Fitness Test:
|Type of Test||Male||Female|
|100 meter race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 meter race||In 3 minutes||In 4 minutes|
|Long Jump||3.5 meters (3 chances)||3 meters (3 chances)|
|High Jump||1.05 meters (3 chances)||0.9 meters (3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 kgs)||4.5 meters|
Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their performance in the Physical Efficiency Tests will be called for Interview/Personality Test. The Interview/Personality Test will carry 150 Marks.
Preparation Tips For CAPF Exam:
Candidate should follow these preparation tips to crack CPF AC Exam:
- Candidate must check CAPF Syllabus and exam pattern.
- Candidate should also take help from his/her relatives/friends/siblings/etc
- Candidate candidates must try to solve previous year question papers and do online mock test.
- Candidate must take balanced diet while preparing for exam
- Candidate must be aware of high weighatge subjects/topics