Table of Contents
Title: Detailed APPSC Assistant Sericulture Officer Examination Syllabus
|Name of Organisation||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Name of Posts||Assistant Sericulture Officer|
|Recruitment Details||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission Assistant Sericulture Officer|
|Type of Test||Objective Type|
|Test Mode||Online (Computer Based Test – CBT)|
Detailed APPSC Assistant Sericulture Officer Examination Exam Pattern
|Subject||No.of Questions||Duration (Minutes)||Maximum Marks|
|PART-A: Written Examination (Objective type)
Paper-1: General Studies 150 150 150
Paper-2: Optional Subject
1. Sericulture; or 2) Botany and Zoology; or
3) Agriculture. N.B.: Candidate has to opt for one of the above subject.
|PART-B: Interview (Oral Test)||30|
Detailed APPSC Assistant Sericulture Officer Examination Syllabus
Paper-1: GENERAL STUDIES
Current events of National and International importance.
History of India and Indian National movement.
India and World Geography. Indian Polity and Economy.
General mental Ability.
Questions on General Science will cover General appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline. In current events, knowledge of significant national and international events will be tested. In History of India, emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. Questions on the Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence. In Geography, emphasis will be on Geography of India. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to physical, social and economic geography of the country, including the main features of Indian agricultural and natural resources. Questions on Indian Polity and Economy will test knowledge of the country’s political system and Constitution of India, Panchayati Raj, Social Systems and economic developments in India. On general mental ability, the candidates will be tested on reasoning and analytical abilities.
SERICULTURE AS AN AGRO-INDUSTRY: Nature of silk – Concise account of four varieties of silk produced in India – Life cycle of silkworm – Economic importance and prospects of silk fibers.
MULBERRY CULTIVATION: Major features of silk culture – Cultivation of mulberry – agro economical aspect – (climate, rainfall, elevation, soil location and topography) – Environmental factors – Preparation of land propagation – Planting season, distance – Varieties of mulberry – System of planting (pit and row) – Inter cultivation – Mulching, manuring and pruning – Trimming of mulberry plants – Harvesting of leaves – Preservation of leaves.
DISEASES AND PESTS OF MULBERRY: Disease – powdery mild dew leaf spot – Prevention and Control of insect pests – Leaf eating caterpillar (Diacrisia oblique) – Jassids (Empassea flavesans) thrips, mealy bugs, – scale insects, stem girdlers beetle – Powder – post beetle.
2) BOTANY and ZOOLOGY
1. Ultra structure of plant cell, structure of cell organelles and functions
2. Cell Division – Mitosis and Meiosis
3. Tissue systems in plants – Origin, structure, and function of simple and complex tissues
4. Classification and taxonomy of plants – Bentham and Hooker’s system of classification. General characters of major groups
5. Types of reproduction and life cycles in Thallophyta, Bryophyta, Pteridophyta, Gymnosperms and Angiosperms
6. Concept of water potential, stomatal movement and transpiration.
7. Plant nutrition – Uptake of ions, chemical fertilizers, NPK
8. Photosynthesis – Photo-phosphorylation, path of carbon in photosynthesis (C3, C4 and CAM pathways)
9. Respiration – Elementary account of Bio-energetics, glycolysis, Kreb’s cycle, electron transport system, oxidative phosphorylation, anaerobic respiration and fermentation.
10. Nitrogen metabolism – Biological nitrogen fixation, nitrate reduction and bio-synthesis of amino acids
PRINCIPLES OF AGRONOMY: Agriculture in India – Development of Scientific Agriculture – Different agroclimatic Zones of Andhra Pradesh – Utility of weather forecast and satellite forcasting in Agriculture.
CROP PRODUCTION: Factors influencing crop production – Cropping systems – Principles of croprotation, Sequence cropping, mixed cropping, inter-cropping, relay cropping, multiple cropping, multi-storied cropping and alley cropping
IRRIGATION AND WATER MANAGEMENT: Major, medium and minor irrigation projects in Andhra Pradesh. Command Area Development – Area under irrigation in Andhra Pradesh. Crop water requirements – Water management practices for different crops – Methods of irrigation, their suitability and limitations.
DRY-LAND AGRICULTURE: Problems of crop production in dry farming areas of Andhra Pradesh – Land use classification – Existing pattern of land use, capability classification and cropping pattern in low rainfall areas. Drought and its management. Water harvesting – Fertilizer use in dry land areas – Normal and contingency crop planning – Dryland technology for black and red soils, Agronomic conservation measures, mulches, watershed management – Area development approach, alternate land use planning, Development of integrated sustainable farming systems.
We have provided the APPSC Assistant Sericulture Officer Examination Exam Syllabus in the form of pdf. Also, we have mentioned the direct link to download the APPSC Assistant Sericulture Officer Examination Pdf by using the below link at free of cost.
Watch out for the latest updates that we share regularly on MySarkariNaukri. All the best for your exam..!
Participate in discussions to clear your doubts and learn more:
[su_button style=”soft” target=_blank url=”https://www.mysarkarinaukri.com/discuss/” background=”#ef322d” size=”5″ icon=”icon: comments-o”]Go to Discussion Forum[/su_button]
- APPSC Assistant Sericulture Officer Examination Previous year papers
- APPSC Assistant Sericulture Officer Examination Admit Card
- APPSC Assistant Sericulture Officer Examination Results
- APPSC Assistant Sericulture Officer Examination Forms