Andhra Pradesh PSC FDO Test Pattern
|S.No.||Examination Type||Paper||Subject Names||No. of Questions||Exam Duration||Max. Marks|
|1.||Objective(Written Examination)||I||General Studies & Mental Ability||150||150||150|
|2.||II||Fisheries Science – I||150||150||150|
|3.||III||Fisheries Science – II||150||150||150|
- Written test contains objective questions.
- The exam has 3 papers.
- Total questions & marks are 450.
- Each question carries one mark.
- The total exam period is 450 minutes.
General Studies & Mental Ability
- Events of national and international importance.
- Current affairs- international, national and regional.
- Bifurcation of AP & its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and Legal implications/problems.
- Social- economic & political history of modern India with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
- Disaster management
- Indian polity and governance
- Economic development in India since independence with emphasis on AP.
- Application of Remote Sensing & GIS in the assessment of Disaster.
- Physical geography of Indian sub-continent and AP.
- Data Analysis:
- a) Tabulation of data
b) Visual representation of data
c) Basic data analysis and Interpretation
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
- General Science and its applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments in Science and Technology and IT.
AP Fisheries Service Syllabus – Logical Ability
- Mirror Images.
- Statements & Conclusions.
- Statements & Arguments.
- Clocks & Calendars.
- Embedded Figures.
- Number Series.
- Decision Making.
- Data Interpretation.
- Alphabet Series.
- Cubes and Dice.
- Blood Relations.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Number Ranking.
- Non-Verbal Series.
AP Fisheries FDO Exam Syllabus – Fisheries Science – I
- General principles of Taxonomy, outline classification and General characters on Non-Chordates & Chordates
- Reproductive system and breeding habit in fishes
- General study of Parasitic and Pathogenic Protozoans, Helminths and Arthropods concerning Fish and Prawn culture
- Endocrine system of fishes
- Phylum chordata – class – Pisces – taxonomy – classification – general Morphology and Anatomy of Chondrichthyes and ostrich-thyes and Osteichthyes – general distribution of fish
- Fish growth – Morphometric and Meristic characters
- Adaptations – migration of fishes
- Food and feeding habits with special reference to Digestion in Fish
- Respiration and osmoregulation in fishes
- Parental care of fishes
Syllabus Of APPSC FDO – Fisheries Science – II
- Culturable varieties of fish (indigenous and exotic) and Prawns
- Brackish water aquaculture management of brackish water ponds
- General aspects of marine biology and mariculture – Mussel culture – Oyster culture – Fish and Crab culture and sea-weed culture
- Freshwater aquaculture – freshwater fishery resources preparation and management of ponds – Aquatic weeds and control
- Economic importance of fisheries – Fish by-products
- General principles of Ecology – aquatic ecosystem concerning freshwater brackish water and marine environment
- Study of major group of plankton and their importance in aquaculture
- General account of fish and prawn diseases & their control
- Breeding methods – Natural – bundh – induced breeding
- General methods of preservation, processing of fishes and prawns