Table of Contents
Title: Detailed APPSC Civil Assistant Surgeons Examination Syllabus
|Name of Organisation||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Name of Posts||Civil Assistant Surgeons|
|Recruitment Details||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission Civil Assistant Surgeons|
|Type of Test||Objective Type|
|Test Mode||Online (Computer Based Test – CBT)|
Detailed APPSC Civil Assistant Surgeons Examination Exam Pattern
|a) WRITTEN EXAMINATION (Objective type)|
|1||GENERAL STUDIES||150 Marks||150 Questions||150 Minutes|
|2||SUBJECT: (Medical Science & General Medicine)||300 Marks||150 Questions||150 Minutes|
|b) INTERVIEW (Oral Test)||50 Marks|
Detailed APPSC Civil Assistant Surgeons Examination Syllabus
1 – GENERAL STUDIES
1. General Science – Contemporary developments in Science and Technology and their implications including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
2. Current events of national and international importance.
3. History of India – emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural and political aspects with a focus on AP Indian National Movement.
4. World Geography and Geography of India with a focus on AP.
5. Indian polity and Economy – including the country’s political system- rural development – Planning and economic reforms in India.
6. Mental ability – reasoning and inferences.
2 – Subject: (MEDICAL SCIENCE & GENERAL MEDICINE)
HUMAN ANATOMY: Gross and microscopic anatomy and movements of shoulder hip and knee joints – Gross and microscopic anatomy and block supply of lungs, heart, kidneys, liver, testis and uterus – Gross anatomy of pelvis, perineus and inguinal region, Cross sectional anatomy of the body at mid-thoracic, upper abdominal, mid-abdominal and pelvic regions. Major steps in the development of lung, heart, kidney, urinary bladder, uterus, ovary, testis and their common congenital abnormalistics – Placenta and placental barrier – Neural patnways for cutaneous semasations and vision cranial nerves iii, iv,v, vi, vii, x; distribution and clinical significance – Anatomy of the automatic centrol of gastrointestinal respiratory and reproductive systems.
HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY: Nerve and muscle excitation, conduction and transmission of impulse; mechanism ;of contraction; neuromuscular transmission – Synaptic transmission, reflexes, control of equilibrium posture and muscle tone. Descending pathways; functions of cerebellum, basal ganglia, reticular formation, hypothalamus limbic system and cerebral cortex – Physiology of sleep and consciousness: E.E.G. – Higher functions of the brain – Vision and hearing – Mechanism of action of hormones; formation, secretion, transport, metabilism, functions and regulation of secretion of pancreas and pituitary glands – Menstrual cycle; lactation, pregnancy – Development regulation and fate of blood cells – Cardiac excitation; spread ;of cardiac impulse, E.C.G. cardiac output, blood pressure, Regulation of Cardiovascular functions – Mechanics of respiration and regulation of respiration – Digestion and absorption of food, regulation of secretion and motility of gastrointestinal tract – Glomerular and tubular functions of kidney – Blood groups, Rh grouping, blood transfusion, and Blood volume.
BIOCHEMISTRY: PH and PK Hendrson – Hasselbalch equation – Properties and regulation of enzyme activity; role of high energy phosphates in bioenergetics – Sources, daily reqauirements, action and texicity of vitamins – Metabolism of Lipids, carbohydrates, proteins; disorders of their metabilism – Chemical nature, structure, synthesis and functions of nucleic acids and proteins – distribution and regulation of body water and minerals including trace elements – Acid base balance – Clinical importance of enzymes. PATHOLOGY; Reaction of cell and tissue of injury; inflammation and repair, disturbances of growth and cancer; genetic diseases – Pathogenesis and histo-pathology of; rheumatic and ischaemic heart disease – bronchogenic carcionoma, carcinoma breast, oral cancer, cancer colon – Etiology, pathegenesis and histopathology of: Peptic ulcer – Cirrhesis liver – Glemerulonephritis – Lobar pneumonia –Acute ostoomyclities – Hepatitis – acute pencreatitis – FINE needle aspiration cytology(FNAC) – MICROBIOLOGY: Growth of micro-organisms; sterilization and disinfection bacterial genetics; virus-cell interactions – Immunelogical principles; acquired immunity; immunity in infections caused by viruses – Diseases caused by and laboratory diagnosis of staphylococcus Enterococcus; Salmonella; Shigella; Edcherichia; Pseudomonas, Vibrio; Adenoviruses; Herpes viruses (including Rubella); Fungi Protozoa; Helminths – AIDS – diagnostic procedure – PHARMACOLOGY: Drug recepter interaction, mechanism of drug action – Mechanism of action, dosage, metabolism and side effects of the – Pilocarpine, Terbutaline, Metophrolol, Diazepan, Acetylsalicylic Acid Ibubrofen, Furosemide, Metronidazole, Chloroquin, – Mechanism of action, dosage and texicity of the antibiotics: Ampicillin, Cephalexin, Doxycycline, Chloramphenical, Rifampin, Cefotaxime – Indications, dosage, side-effects and contraindications of the following anti-cancer drugs:- Methotrexate, vincristin, Tamoxifen – Classification, route of administration, mechanism of action and side effects of the :- General amaesthetics, Hypnotics, Analgesics – Forensic Medicine and Toxicology: Forensic examination of injuries and wounds – Physical and chemical examination of blood and seminal stains – Details of forensic examination for establishing identification of persons, pregnancy, abortion rape and virginity.
1. Disorders of CNS: Meningitis Eencephalitis, Cerebrovascular diseases epilepsy, Neoplasms –
2. Disorders of CVS – Rhematic, Ischaemic and congential heart diseases, Hypertension _ 3. Respiratory diseases – Acute and Chronic infections, bronchial asthma, Neoplasms, Industrial diseases –
4. Excretory systems – Acute glomerulo Nephrities, Nephrotic syndrome, chronic phyelonephritis and renal failure –
5. Gastro-Intestinal disorders – Acid Peptic diseases, Malabsorption syndromes, viral hepatitis, Cirrhosis of liver pancreatitis –
6. Hematological diseases – Anemias, Coagulation failures, Leukemias, Lymphomas, Hodgkins disease –
7. Metabolic disorders – Diabetes, Thyrod disorders, parathyroid diseases –
8. Miscellaneous – Skin disorders – Allergies, Drug reactions, parasitic infestations, Psychiatric disorders: Schizophrenia and depression –
9. Community Medicine – Malaria, Filaria and various national Health programmes – Leprosy, T.B., S.T.D. including AIDS – Parasitic infestations – Hook worm, round warm, Guinea worm, Amoebiasis –
10. Nutrional disorders – Normal nutrition, and deficiency diseases in India.
1. Cervical lymphnodes, parotid tumour and oral cancers –
2. Peripheral arterial diseases – varicose veins, Failariasis –
3. Dysfunctions of Thyroid, Parathyroid adrenal tumors and the surgical aspects –
4. Abscess breast and cancer breast –
5. Acute and Chronic Appendicitis blleeing peptic ulcer, T.B. of bowel intentinal obstructions –
6. Renal mass, retention of Urine Benign Prostatic Hypertrophi –
7. Spleno-Megaly, Chronic Cholecystitis portal Hypertension liver abscess peritonitis, Cancer head of Panchreas –
8. Direct and indirect Ingninal Hermias and their complications –
9. Fracture of Femur, Spine Poly trauma and their management.
OBSTETRIC AND GYNECOLOGY + FAMILY PLANNING: 1. Diagnosis of Pregnancy, Antenatal Screening for high-risk pregnancy, Feto-placental development –
2. Labour management, complications of 3rd stage, post partum hemorrhage, Inversion, Resuscitation of the new born and premature baby –
3. Diagnosis and management of Pregnancy – induced – hypertension Eclampsia, anemias –
4. Principles of contraceptive methods – Intrauterine Device oral pills, Tubectomy and Vasectromy. Medical termination of pregnancy including its legal aspects and complications –
5. Etiology, Clinical features, diagnosis and mass screening of cancer cervix leucorrhea, Infertility, Abnormal Uterine bleeding, Amenorrhoea –
6. Miscllaneous: Objectives, components of National Health and Family Welfare Programmes – Maternal and Child health – Family welfare – Nutrition – Immunisations – Population trends and its effect on health and Development.
We have provided the APPSC Civil Assistant Surgeons Examination Exam Syllabus in the form of pdf. Also, we have mentioned the direct link to download the APPSC Civil Assistant Surgeons Examination Pdf by using the below link at free of cost.
Watch out for the latest updates that we share regularly on MySarkariNaukri. All the best for your exam..!
Participate in discussions to clear your doubts and learn more:
[su_button style=”soft” target=_blank url=”https://www.mysarkarinaukri.com/discuss/” background=”#ef322d” size=”5″ icon=”icon: comments-o”]Go to Discussion Forum[/su_button]
- APPSC Civil Assistant Surgeons Examination Previous year papers
- APPSC Civil Assistant Surgeons Examination Admit Card
- APPSC Civil Assistant Surgeons Examination Results
- APPSC Civil Assistant Surgeons Examination Forms