Table of Contents
Title: Detailed APPSC Assistant Public Relations Officer Examination Syllabus
|Name of Organisation||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Name of Posts||Assistant Public Relations Officer|
|Recruitment Details||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission Assistant Public Relations Officer|
|Type of Test||Objective Type|
|Test Mode||Online (Computer Based Test – CBT)|
Detailed APPSC Assistant Public Relations Officer Examination Exam Pattern
|PART – A: Written Examination|
|PAPER –I : General Studies (Objective Type)||150 Marks||150 Qns||150 Minutes|
|PAPER -II: Journalism /Public Relations
Bachelors Degree Standard
|150 Marks||150 Qns||150 Minutes|
|PART – B: Oral Test||30 Marks|
Detailed APPSC Assistant Public Relations Officer Examination Syllabus
Paper – I: General Studies (Objective Type)
- General Science
- Current Events of National and International Importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- India and World Geography.
- General Mental Ability.
Questions on General Science will cover General appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline.
In current events, knowledge of significant national and international events will be tested.
In History of India, emphasis will be on the broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. Questions on Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth-century resurgence, growth of Nationalism and attainment of independence.
In geography, emphasis will be on geography of India. Questions on the geography of India will relate to the physical, social and economic geography of the country, including the main features of the Indian agricultural and natural resources. On general mental ability, the candidates will be tested on reasoning and analytical abilities.
Paper – II: Journalism / Public Relations:
- 1. Communication process, theories and models. Types of mass communication; Media and Society – Media and Social change; problems barriers, diffusion and adoption theories.
- 2. Development communication, scope, issues, contents, effects problems, relevance, use of multi-media, etc. Strategies – adaptation to rural India.
- 3. Newspaper Reporting and writing – Types of reporting’; techniques; investigative, advocacy, depth; specialised reporting; Courts and Crime; writing for specialised newspapers and magazines; sourcing, data gathering etc.
- 4. Principles of editing, design and layout, production and printing methods – current trends in newspapers and magazines;
- 5. Broadcasting system in India; scope and nature; low cost media, relative advantage, satellite communication. Role of radio and TV in multi-lingual society – kinds of radio and TV programmes, impact of Radio and TV – Audience participation.
- 6. Basic communication research, types of research, basic applied, policy research, Impact studies, Research methods, stages of research; research tools and sampling. 7. Comparative history of media – Press & Broadcasting highlights of the history of Indian Press, Press in Indian Languages. Media Laws, Constitution of India, Press Council and Codes of Ethics.
- 8. Public Relations, Place of PR in communication, PR process and campaign planning, etc Public Opinion and propaganda.
- 9. Organization and functions of public relation departments in private and public sector organisations, characteristics of the PR man, various publics, internal and external.
- 10. PR planning, press relations, industrial relations, consumer, community, government, company relations, PR and the management.
- 11. Tools of public relations: press releases, newsletter, brochure, house journals, advertising, exhibitions, annual reports. PR and corporate image; public relations in central and state government in India.
- 12. Role of PR in developing countries, the role of multimedia publicity; Rural PR.
- 13. Trends, issues, contents – Environmental analysis and policy surveys, PR and Opinion research.
We have provided the APPSC Assistant Public Relations Officer Examination Exam Syllabus in the form of pdf. Also, we have mentioned the direct link to download the APPSC Assistant Public Relations Officer Examination Pdf by using the below link at free of cost.
Watch out for the latest updates that we share regularly on MySarkariNaukri. All the best for your exam..!
Participate in discussions to clear your doubts and learn more:
[su_button style=”soft” target=_blank url=”https://www.mysarkarinaukri.com/discuss/” background=”#ef322d” size=”5″ icon=”icon: comments-o”]Go to Discussion Forum[/su_button]
- APPSC Assistant Public Relations Officer Examination Previous year papers
- APPSC Assistant Public Relations Officer Examination Admit Card
- APPSC Assistant Public Relations Officer Examination Results
- APPSC Assistant Public Relations Officer Examination Forms