Table of Contents
Title: Detailed APPSC Assistant Geologist Examination Syllabus
|Name of Organisation||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Name of Posts||Assistant Geologist|
|Recruitment Details||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission Assistant Geologist|
|Type of Test||Objective Type|
|Test Mode||Online (Computer Based Test – CBT)|
Detailed APPSC Assistant Geologist Examination Exam Pattern
|PART-A: Written (Competitive) Examination (Objective Type) – P.G. Degree Standard|
|i) General Studies & Mental ability||150 Marks||150 Qns||150 Minutes|
| ii) Geology Subject:
|150 Marks||150 Qns||150 Minutes|
|PART-B: Interview (Oral Test)||50 Marks|
Detailed APPSC Assistant Geologist Examination Syllabus
GENERAL STUDIES & MENTAL ABILITY
1. General Science – Contemporary developments in Science and Technology and their implications including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
2. Current events of national and international importance.
3. History of India – emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural and political aspects with a focus on AP Indian National Movement.
4. World Geography and Geography of India with a focus on AP.
5. Indian polity and Economy – including the country’s political system- rural development – Planning and economic reforms in India.
6. Mental ability – reasoning and inferences
1. Earth as a planet of the Solar System; Origin and Age of Earth; lsostasy, Tectonic movements, Earthquakes, Mountain building; Continental Drift, Seafloor spreading, Plate-tectonics; Endegenous and Exogenous dynamic processes; Land forms and drainage patters; Geomorphic Cycle; Geomorphology of Folded and Faulted regions; Application of Geomorphology in Engineering Projects.
2. Crystals, Symmetry elements, Classification of Crystals; Principles of Crystal Chemistry; Optical characters of Minerals; Universal stage; Structure, Physical and Optical characters, and paragenisis of the following groups of silicates; Felspars, Felspathoids, Pyroxenes, Amphiboles, Garnets, Micas and Zeolites.
1. Structural Geology Objectives stress and strain; primary and secondary structures; folds and fold systems, Mechanism of folding; Recognizing the top of a bed; faults, description, recognition of faults in the field; joints, joint systems and their origin; foliation and lineation – types, origin, their importance in the study of structures; structures and tectonics of India.
2. Economic Geology, its scope; factors that define Economic worthiness of mineral depoists; Mineral resources and their pecularities; Stratiform and stratabound deposits; Geothermometry and Geobarometry; Ore-bearing fluids and their migration; Common forms and structures of ore deposits; ore textures; classification of Mineral deposits; processes of formation of Mineral deposits – Magmatic Segregation, Contact Metasomatism, Hydrothermal processes, Sedimentation, Residiual and Mechanical concentration, Submarine volcanic and Exhalative processes, Bacterial processes, Oxidation and Supergene enrichment and Metamorphism; Metallogenie epochs and provinces of India.
We have provided the APPSC Assistant Geologist Examination Exam Syllabus in the form of pdf. Also, we have mentioned the direct link to download the APPSC Assistant Geologist Examination Exam Pdf by using the below link at free of cost.
Watch out for the latest updates that we share regularly on MySarkariNaukri. All the best for your exam..!
Participate in discussions to clear your doubts and learn more:
[su_button style=”soft” target=_blank url=”https://www.mysarkarinaukri.com/discuss/” background=”#ef322d” size=”5″ icon=”icon: comments-o”]Go to Discussion Forum[/su_button]
- APPSC Assistant Geologist Examination Exam Previous year papers
- APPSC Assistant Geologist Examination Exam Admit Card
- APPSC Assistant Geologist Examination Exam Results
- APPSC Assistant Geologist Examination Exam Forms