Table of Contents
- 1 Detailed APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers Civil & Mechanical Examination Exam Pattern
- 2 Detailed APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers Civil & Mechanical Examination Syllabus
- 3 Also Read:
Title: Detailed APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers Civil & Mechanical Examination Syllabus
|Name of Organisation||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Name of Posts||Assistant Executive Engineers (AEE) Civil & Mechanical|
|Recruitment Details||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission Assistant Executive Engineers Civil & Mechanical|
|Type of Test||Objective Type|
|Test Mode||Online (Computer Based Test – CBT)|
Detailed APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers Civil & Mechanical Examination Exam Pattern
|PART-A WRITTEN (OBJECTIVE TYPE) EXAMINATION|
|PAPER-1:||General Studies & Mental ability||150 Marks||150 Qns||150 Minutes|
|PAPER-2: (Subject)||Common for Civil & Mechanical Engineering||150 Marks||150 Qns||150 Minutes|
|PAPER-3: (Optional)||Civil OR Mechanical Engineering||150 Marks||150 Qns||150 Minutes|
Detailed APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers Civil & Mechanical Examination Syllabus
PAPER-1 GENERAL STUDIES & MENTAL ABILITY
1. General Science – Contemporary developments in Science and Technology and their implications including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
2. Current events of national and international importance.
3. History of India – emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural and political aspects with a focus on AP Indian National Movement.
4. World Geography and Geography of India with a focus on AP.
5. Indian polity and Economy – including the country’s political system- rural development – Planning and economic reforms in India.
6. Mental ability – reasoning and inferences.
PAPER-2: COMMON SYLLABUS FOR CIVIL & MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
PART – A:
STRENGTH OF MATERIALS:- Simple stresses and Strains: Types of stresses and strains – Hook’s Law, Stress-strain curve for mild steel working stress and factor of safety Posion ratio – State of simple shear, complementary – Shear Elastic constants and their relations – Compound bars – Thermal stress. Compound stresses Mohr’s circle of stress – Principal stresses and planes.
Shear force and bending moment diagrams: S.F.D. and B.M.D. for cantilevers, simply supported beams and over hanging beams subjected to point leads and uniformly distributed loads. Relations among load, shear force and bending moment. Bending and shear stress: Basic equation; M/I = F/Y = E/R – Distribution of bending and shear stresses across various cross sections such as rectangular, circular, I and T sections, Torsion of Circular shafts – power transmission.
PART – B:
FLUID MECHANICS AND HYDRAULIC MACHINERY:
Fluid statics: Hydrostatic force on a plane and curved area Centre of pressure and its applications to lockgates and dams Metacentric height. Fluid Dynamics: Convective and local acceleration, Euler’s equation of motion and its intergration, Bernoulli’s equation motion and its application, flow in curved path. Free and forced vortex. Flow measurements: Notches and weirs, venturimeters, pitot tube, nozzle meter, current meter. Compressible Flow: Velocity of pressure wave, wave velocity for adiabatic and isothermal compression, Basic equations of one-dimensional flow continuity, energy and momentum equations.
PAPER – 3 : OPTIONAL – CIVIL ENGINEERING
1. BUILDING MATERIALS: Timber: Different types and species of structural timber, density – moisture relationship, strength in different directions, defects, preservations, plywood. Bricks: Types, Indian standard classification, absorption, saturation factor, strength in masonry, influence of mortar strength on masonry strength.
2. STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS: Analysis of determinate structures – different methods. Analysis of indeterminate skeletal frames – Moment distribution, Slope deflection, Kani’s, Stiffness and force methods, Energy methods, Muller Breslan principle and application. Plastic analysis of indeterminate beams and simple portal frames – Shape factors.
3. DESIGN OF STEEL STRUCTURES: Principles of working stress method. Design of connections, Simple members, Built-up sections and Frames, Design of industrial roofs. Principles of ultimate load design. Design of simple members.
We have provided the APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers Civil & Mechanical Examination Exam Syllabus in the form of pdf. Also, we have mentioned the direct link to download the APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers Civil & Mechanical Examination Pdf by using the below link at free of cost.
Watch out for the latest updates that we share regularly on MySarkariNaukri. All the best for your exam..!
Participate in discussions to clear your doubts and learn more:
[su_button style=”soft” target=_blank url=”https://www.mysarkarinaukri.com/discuss/” background=”#ef322d” size=”5″ icon=”icon: comments-o”]Go to Discussion Forum[/su_button]
- APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers Civil & Mechanical Examination Previous year papers
- APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers Civil & Mechanical Examination Admit Card
- APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers Civil & Mechanical Examination Results
- APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers Civil & Mechanical Examination Forms