Table of Contents
Title: Detailed APPSC Assistant Engineer Civil Examination Syllabus
|Name of Organisation||Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Name of Posts||Assistant Engineer Civil|
|Recruitment Details||Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission Assistant Engineer Civil|
|Type of Test||Objective Type|
|Test Mode||Online (Computer Based Test – CBT)|
Detailed APPSC Assistant Engineer Civil Examination Exam Pattern
1. Compulsory Paper (i) General English Maximum marks = 100
(ii) General Knowledge Maximum marks = 100
2. Technical Paper Civil Engineering Maximum makrs = 200
3. Interview/Personality test Maximum marks = 50
Detailed APPSC Assistant Engineer Civil Examination Syllabus
Syllabus:- The questions will be designed to test their standard of English Grammar and Comprehension of language. The paper in English will consist of Comprehensive questions (Conventional essay type) including Objective type question carrying 1 to 15 marks of matriculation standard.
The General Knowledge will include current event and of such matters of every day observations and experiences in the area of scientific aspect as may be expected from a educated person who has not made an special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include question of History of India and Geography of Nature which candidates should be able to answer without any special study. Certain questions will be based on analytical ability. The papers in General Knowledge will consist of Objective type questions only.
CIVIL ENGINEERING (SECTION-A)
1. Building materials and properties and strength of materials.
2. Building materials – Timers, stone, brick, lime tile, sand, surkhi, mortar and concrete, metal and glasses structural properties of metals and alloys used in engineering practice.
Stress and strains-Hook’s Law-bending. Torsion and direct stresses. Elastic theory of bending of beams maximum and minimum stress due to eccentric leading. Bending moment and shear force diagram and defection of beams under static and live loads.
3. Building construction and water supply and sanitary engineering. Construction– Brick and stone masonary walls, floors and roofs, staircases, carpentry in wooden floors, roofs ceiling, door and windows, finishes (plastering pointing painting and varnishing etc.)
Soil mechanics – Soils and their investigations,. Bearing capacities and foundation of buildings and structures-principles of design.
Building estimates – Principle units of measurement taking out quantities for building and preparation of abstract of costs-specifications and data sheets for important items.
4. Structural Engineering:
Steel structures: Permissible stress, Design of beams simple and built-up columns and simple roof trusses and girders column bases and grillages for axially and eccentrically loaded columns – Belted, reverted and welded connections.
RCC structures: Specification of materials used proportioning workability and strength requirement ISI standards for design loads permissible stresses in RCC members subject to direct and bending stressed-design of simple supported overhanging and cantilever beams, rectangular and Tee beams in floors, roofs and lintels-axially loaded columns, their bases.
CIVIL ENGINEERING SECTION-B
1. Water supply: Sources of water, standards of purity, methods of unification, layout of distribution system, pumps and booster.
2. Sanitation: Sewers, storm water over flows, house drainage requirements appurtenances, septic tanks, amboff tanks, sewage treatment and dispersion trenches – Activated sludge process.
3. Road and Bridges:
Survey and alignment – Highway materials and their placements principles of design-width of foundation and payment, camber, gradient curves and super-elavationretaining walls.
Contruction: Earth roads, stabilized and water bound macadam roads, bituminous surfaces and concrete roads, draining of roads.
Bridges: Types, economical spans, IRC loading designing superstructure of small span bridges-principles of designing foundation of abutments and piers of bridges, pile and well foundations.
Estimating earthwork for roads and canals:
This paper will consist of conventional questions and will be of a standard expected from a Bachelor of Engineering
1. All question papers must be answered in English, candidates may be permitted to use battery-operated calculators for the optional subject only.
2. Commission has discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subject of the examination.
We have provided the APPSC Assistant Engineer Civil Examination Exam Syllabus in the form of pdf. Also, we have mentioned the direct link to download the APPSC Assistant Engineer Civil Examination Pdf by using the below link at free of cost.
Watch out for the latest updates that we share regularly on MySarkariNaukri. All the best for your exam..!
Participate in discussions to clear your doubts and learn more:
[su_button style=”soft” target=_blank url=”https://www.mysarkarinaukri.com/discuss/” background=”#ef322d” size=”5″ icon=”icon: comments-o”]Go to Discussion Forum[/su_button]
- APPSC Assistant Engineer Civil Examination Previous year papers
- APPSC Assistant Engineer Civil Examination Admit Card
- APPSC Assistant Engineer Civil Examination Results
- APPSC Assistant Engineer Civil Examination Forms