Table of Contents
APPSC AEE Exam Pattern :
Here below you can check the APPSC AEE Exam pattern, provided by us. you must prepare yourself as according to it:
|Paper -Subjects||No of Questions||Marks|
|Duration: 150 minutes for each Paper|
|I-General Studies & Mental Ability||150||150|
|II-Concerned Subject (Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical)||150||150|
|III-Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical||150||150|
APPSC AEE Syllabus
APPSC AEE Syllabus for Civil Engineering :
- Building Materials.
- Structural Analysis.
- The Design of Steel structures.
- Design Of Concrete and Masonry Structures
- Construction Planning and Management.
- Hydrology and Water Resource Engineering.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering.
- Surveying and Transport Engineering.
APPSC AEE Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering :
- Engineering Materials.
- Machine Design.
- Refrigeration and air-conditioning.
- Mechanics of Materials.
- Production Planning and Control.
- Power Engineering.
- Metrology and Inspection.
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing.
- Fluid Mechanics.
- Theory of Machines.
- Operations Research.
- Machining and Machine Tool Operations.
- Casting, Forming and Joining Processes.
- Engineering Mechanics.
- Inventory Control etc.
APPSC AEE Syllabus for Electrical:
- Transmission & Distribution
- Line constants.
- Inductance and Capacitance calculations.
- Representation of Overhead Lines.
- Short, Medium and Long lines.
- ABCD constants.
- Mechanical Design.
- Seg, Tension Calculations, Tuned Power Lines.
Over Head Line Insulators:
- Types of Insulators.
- Potential distributions over a string of suspension insulators.
- String efficiency.
- Methods of improving string efficiency.
- Insulation of cables.
- Grading of cables.
- Capacitance Measurement in cables.
- Testing of Cables.
- Power frequency withstands tests.
- Balanced Fault calculations on systems.
- Symmetrical components.
- Types of faults.
- Analysis of unbalanced faults.
- Location and types, types of hydroelectric power stations, the layout of a hydro-power plant, types of turbines used.
- Pumped storage installations.
- The layout of thermal electric power stations, types of turbines used, condensers, cooling towers, boiler feed pump; energy flow diagram of the steam power plant.
- Nuclear power generation; nuclear fission.
- Types of nuclear power reactors.
- The principle of a fast breeder reactor.
- Characteristic of Relays.
- Over current, directional and distance protection of lines.
- Protection of Alternators against stator faults, rotor faults, loss of excitation, unbalanced loading, overloading, failure of prime-mover. Over speeding and over voltage.
- Protection of transformers against winding faults, overloads and external short circuits.
- Air-blast, oil, minimum oil, vacuum.
- sulphur hexafluoride and d.c. circuit breakers.
- Relative merits and demerits.
- Generation costs and their classification, load curve, load utilization and plant capacity factors. Load sharing between base load and peak load stations.
- Load forecasting.
- Economical distribution of load between unit within a plant and between plants. Modeling of fuel costs for thermal generation.
- Optimal operation of an all thermal generating system and of a hydrothermal system. Consideration of transmission losses.
Utilization of Electrical Energy:
- Industrial drives.
- Motors for various drives.
- Estimating and Rating.
- Testing of D.C. and A.C. motors.
- Neutral Earthing.
APPSC AEE Agriculture Engineer Exam Syllabus:
- Agricultural process Engineering.
- Process Engineering for agricultural produce.
- Process Engineering for Horticultural produce.
- Vegetable oil technology.
- Dairy and Food Engineering.
- Agro Industries and by-product utilisation.
- Biomass energy conversion.
- Solar and Wind Energy.
- Greenhouse Technology.
- Design and Costing of Farm Structures.
- Rural water supply, Sanitation and Environmental Engineering.
- Wells and Pumps with Special reference to Lift Irrigation.
- Irrigation Engineering.
- Soil and Water Engineering.
- Watershed Management.
- Drainage Engineering.
- Sprinkler and Drip Irrigation.
- Land Development Machinery.
- Farm power and Tractor Systems.
- Farm machinery and agricultural machine design.
- Design and Costing of Soil Conservation and Irrigation Structures.