Table of Contents
Title: Detailed APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers – Civil Examination Syllabus
|Name of Organisation||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Name of Posts||Assistant Executive Engineers – Civil|
|Recruitment Details||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission Assistant Executive Engineers – Civil|
|Type of Test||Objective Type|
|Test Mode||Online (Computer Based Test – CBT)|
Detailed APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers – Civil Examination Exam Pattern
|PART-A WRITTEN (OBJECTIVE TYPE) EXAMINATION|
|General Studies||150 Marks||150 Qns||150 Minutes|
|Optional Subject- PAPER-1 Civil Engineering||150 Marks||150 Qns||150 Minutes|
|Optional Subject– PAPER-2 Civil Engineering||150 Marks||150 Qns||150 Minutes|
|PART-B: INTERVIEW||50 Marks|
Detailed APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers – Civil Examination Syllabus
GENERAL STUDIES 1.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
a) General Science and Technology
b) Role and impact of science and Technology on India’s development. (Questions will cover general appreciation and understanding of matters of everyday observation and experience as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of science and technology disciplines).
2. INDIAN HISTORY AND CULTURE:
a) Modern Indian History from 19th century to the present
b) Nationalist Movement and Constitutional development
c) Indian culture and Heritage including architecture, Fine Arts, dance forms, music, paintings, Folk arts and performing arts.
d) History of Andhradesa Society, Culture, Geography and Economic development.
3. INDIAN POLITY: General and broad understanding of the structural (institutions) and functional (processes) aspects of Indian Political system.
4. INDIAN ECONOMY AND GEOGRAPHY OF INDIA:
(a) Structure of National economy
(b) Economic development (including planning) since independence
(c) Economic Reforms
(d) Physical, economic and social Geography of India.
5. CURRENT EVENTS: Current Events of Regional, National and International importance.
6. GENERAL MENTAL ABILITY: (Reasoning and analytical abilities)
CIVIL ENGINEERING – PAPER-1
PART – A:
STRENGTH OF MATERIALS:- Simple stresses and Strains: Types of stresses and strains – Hook’s Law, Stress-strain curve for mild steel working stress and factor of safety Posion ratio – State of simple shear, complementary – Shear Elastic constants and their relations – Compound bars – Thermal stress. Compound stresses Mohr’s circle of stress – Principal stresses and planes. Shear force and bending moment diagrams: S.F.D. and B.M.D. for cantilevers, simply supported beams and over hanging beams subjected to point leads and uniformly distributed loads. Relations among load, shear force and bending moment.
PART – B:
FLUID MACHANICS AND HYDRAULIC MACHINERY: Fluid statics: Hydrostatic force on a plane and curved area Centre of pressure and its applications to lockgates and dams Metacentric height. Fluid Dynamics: Convective and local acceleration, Euler’s equation of motion and its intergration, Bernoulli’s equation motion and its application, flow in curved path. Free and forced vortex.
CIVIL ENGINEERING PAPER – 2
1. BUILDING MATERIALS: Timber: Different types and species of structural timber, density – moisture relationship, strength in different directions, defects, preservations, plywood. Bricks: Types, Indian standard classification, absorption, saturation factor, strength in masonry, influence of mortar strength on masonry strength. Cement: Compounds of different types, setting times, strength
2. STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS: Analysis of determinate structures – different methods. Analysis of indeterminate skeletal frames – Moment distribution, Slope deflection, Kani’s, Stiffness and force methods, Energy methods, Muller Breslan principle and application. Plastic analysis of indeterminate beams and simple portal frames – Shape factors.
We have provided the APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers – Civil Examination Exam Syllabus in the form of pdf. Also, we have mentioned the direct link to download the APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers – Civil Examination Pdf by using the below link at free of cost.
Watch out for the latest updates that we share regularly on MySarkariNaukri. All the best for your exam..!
Participate in discussions to clear your doubts and learn more:
[su_button style=”soft” target=_blank url=”https://www.mysarkarinaukri.com/discuss/” background=”#ef322d” size=”5″ icon=”icon: comments-o”]Go to Discussion Forum[/su_button]
- APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers – Civil Examination Previous year papers
- APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers – Civil Examination Admit Card
- APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers – Civil Examination Results
- APPSC Assistant Executive Engineers – Civil Examination Forms